Tuesday, February 27, 2007
It has been about three weeks sense i got surgery on my shoulder. That was an interesting experience. when I first got to the sergical center they put me into a paperish robe. they then hooked me up to a machine that monitered my vital signs. My heart rate suprised my dad because it was so low. It was on an average of 53 bpm. the lowest i was able to get it was 48 that was a fun game to play while I was waiting. The nurse came in and told me they had to do a nerve block on my arm. she told me I was about to enjoy being there as she put something into my IV. about 15 seconds later I became really high. The murse started pokeing my nerves and injected a solution into them to block the signals to my arm. I dont remember how long this was hapening but I remember looking at the celeing and there were things on it that were moveing. I looked out side and it was really colorful and wavy. the next thing I remember is being put into a wheel chair to go home. For about 15 hours i could not feel anything or move my arm. It was weird because i could stick a needle into my finger untill it would not go anyfurther. I just had major DEJA VU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny! I don't know if the inconvenience of surgery is worth that experience, but it's a pretty good consolation prize.
Good description of events, with specific illustration of what was unique about the experience; "very colorful," "things on the ceiling moving." Good lead in with the nurses comment telling you implicitly what would start happening. That would have been a good time to transition to another paragraph: 1st paragraph setting the background for the experience. 2nd paragraph describing the experience.
Post a Comment